About Me

I was a banker who pursued my passion in baking and turned it into a home-based business.I taught Home Economics (HELE) in The Learning Child in Ayala Alabang. I also was a community volunteer and taught arts and crafts and home economics to the children in Virlanie, a non-govt institution that care for streetchildren.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fresh Guacamole Salsa Dip

It is Holy Week and a four day long weekend. Since it is a lazy day today, Holy Thursday, I decided to make a dip for my cheese flavored corn chips to satisfy my craving.

I recently saw this recipe demonstrated in the food channel and I replicated it.

I usually just make the regular Pico de Gallo dip. Actually,  this is a Pico de Gallo recipe with avocado as an added ingredient. So, if you just want the regular Pico de Gallo dip then just exclude the avocado.

There is no measurement for this recipe. Just adjust to your taste. But I will share the recipe according to my taste. I super like mine with an overload of cilantro though.

***you can put sour cream and grated cheddar cheese on top of the dip


2 mashed avocados
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons diced onion
3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon salt

Just mix all the ingredients and voila you have a home made dip.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing..... remember I told that you were my inspiration in my quest to learn baking and cooking when I moved to Canada 2 decades ago and from that time on became my passion....(of course not as passionate as you hahahaha). Much as I want to start home baking business here, parang hindi lucrative as doing it there. Napansin ko dito eh ang mga tao gusto puro LIBRE! but I get orders once in a while. I will post picture of my honey crunch cake made for Popeye and Rene. I tried making this chocolate cake recipe of Marcel Desaulniers "Death by Chocolate" which is a combination of meringue/mouse/brownie layer.....which was a success that every chocolate cake order I get, I make this one.
    Popeye wants me to do the leche flan cake to give to her Indonesian friend, whose b-day is next week.... sabi ni Popeye ang sarap raw tignan ng mga goodies mo.

    Thanks for the recipe and sana madagdagan pa!

    ReplyDelete