About Me

I was a banker who pursued my passion in baking and turned it into a home-based business.I taught Home Economics (HELE) in The Learning Child in Ayala Alabang. I also was a community volunteer and taught arts and crafts and home economics to the children in Virlanie, a non-govt institution that care for streetchildren.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hi..
                                   
It has been my dream to publish a recipe book but since it is the age of technology where  recipes are readily available with just a click of the mouse, I have decided to go with the flow and create a recipe blog.

Since I only have training from local chefs (who have had formal schooling from chefs abroad) it made me realize that  the recipe book may not sell so I totally obliterated  the idea from my bucket list.    

One morning as i was reading a chapter in the book of Joel Osteen, an idea suddenly struck me. Why not have a blog about my recipes and be able to pursue my dream.
( Actually, Ann, a good friend has already  suggested the idea to me but since I am technologically challenged, I just shrugged it off. ) Then  I said  this is a SIGN for me to pursue the blog and conquer my challenge  SO HERE  I AM.

This morning the urge to have a recipe book published was rekindled but this time through this blog.

My interest and passion for baking was started and was greatly influenced by my paternal grandma, Lola Palo. I remember when we used to go up to her house in Baguio with my cousin Alfie during  the summer and we would make mini sandwiches cut into different shapes like stars, triangles, clover, heart just like those served as hor d oeuvres in cocktail parties.

                                                                                     
Then she taught me how to make the lemon ice box cake... ....the first cake I ever made...and from then on my interest and passion  for baking was born.

The objective of this blog is to share tasted and tested recipes that I have collected.

Through the years, I have experimented with recipes through trial and error to find the best recipe,  for example,  choosing the best butter cake recipe from all the butter cake recipes I have baked. Also, doing some changes with the recipe...some I have discovered by making mistakes which eventually turned out better than the original recipe...a few, I totally invented.

Now the blog has come to fruition, I hope you, the reader, will enjoy
this blog I have created.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Ronski this is amazing!!!! remember I told you that you're my inspiration in my quest to learn how to bake and cook prior our immigration to Canada 2 decades ago. I've printed all the recipes you posted and compiled them and made a cover and called it "Ronna Anido Cookbook - collection of recipes" hahahaha I will scan cover and send it by email. Popeye requested me to bake your leche flan cake to give to her Indonesian friend (which her favorite). Congratulations and hope madagdagan pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di ka nagsasabi gumagawa ka pala ng blog. Who knows, make a recipe book and publish it. This is a nioce blog you have. Add more pictures for each recipe. Other recipes walang picture. Baka ma discover ka----sana!!!
    love,
    pap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Isabel, I was one of those whom you inspired about cooking and baking. My kids and husband really appreciate it. You have been a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete